Monday 3 March 2014

Excuses Excuses

GOOD GRIEF. IS IT MARCH ALREADY? 2014!? WHATT!?!?!!

Bless me father, for I have sinned. It's been fecking ages since my last blog post.


I KNOW excuses mean nothing but I have SO MANY of them goddamnit; at least have the decency to hear me out.

Here are some things that have happened in the last couple of months:

  • I got an internship working for a hip, upcoming, shiny new music website. It's called www.choorpy.com. I write the odd blog there, and do some fabulously boring admin stuff, alongside organizing cool gig/artist/promotion related work.
  • I am currently in the process of coordinating with various music festivals for the summer. Friends of mine and I, together a hugely bad influence and far too braisen with our ambition, are touring Music & Arts Festivals throughout Ireland and the UK, and a couple odd ones further afield, with our circus theatre/street performance act 'Flocked in the Head'.
  • I have somehow, somewhere along the way, managed to set up my own Events Management and Promotion company. We're called Tennis Court Hop Productions (TCH Productions) and jaysus man, there's a lot of work involved. I'm tied up booking bands, sorting advertising, social media, selling tickets, coordinating with the venue; it's all gigantic fun and brings out my two finest qualities; list-making and worrying. www.tchproductions.com. Check us out, our website is only gorgeous.
  • LOL, I'm actually doing my Leaving Cert. too. So, while everything is terrific fun and my CV is looking well; I'm also in school all day and pretending to be studying all night. BUT the world waits for no man and I shall not be chained down by a week of exams in June. It'll be graaaand (she said).

Yeah, I know excuses don't cut it, but still. Sympathy points? No? Nothing?

I suppose I'll just say a couple of Hail Mary's and hope for the best.



No comments:

Post a Comment