Tuesday 4 March 2014

REVIEW: THE 1975 ☆☆



Venue: Savoy Theatre, Cork, Ireland

The 1975 played the Savoy on Wednesday, February 19th. (I know that was ages ago, see my last last post RE: pathetic excuses.)

The 1975 are hipster guys, that's undeniable; and the crowd contained pretty much every indie-wannabe (myself included, no hate) in the county. Shirts were buttoned up the whole way and eyebrows were razor sharply defined.

Despite the aspiring alternative vibe, I found the whole thing kinda....cringe. There was an atmosphere of desperation more than anything else. The band were only alright, had zero audience interaction, and they were too cool to separate their encore from the main setlist. I don't know guys. I just don't know.

I was tremendously unimpressed, and the band somehow went down in my list of favourites after the gig, which is never a good thing.


All the same, an absolute belter of a night was had, but no thanks to the 1975, being brutally honest. It was nothing I couldn't have experienced with a flannel shirt, white wine and spoifity playlist at home.

I left wondering what I had spent my ticket money on, and how I had come by the bowl of mashed apple in my left hand.



No comments:

Post a Comment